October Favorites


October has been a month of trial. I've been trying loads of new products, mainly skincare. My skin has gone from horrendous to okay by using some of the new products. I'm still trying a lot of them out, so I won't feature my skincare collection until I'm sure.




There is one product though, that I want to feature. It's a repurchase, and it just might be a staple item for me. It is the ISOI Blemish Care Serum from their Bulgarian rose line. By now, if you are an avid reader of mine that is, you'll know that I truly appreciate Bulgarian rose. They do wonders for the skin. I have an immediate respect for products that use this rose because I know how good it is.

The ISOI Blemish Care Serum has helped my skin stay supple and hydrated while treating the blemishes and scars I have. It feels so lightweight, almost as if it doesn't do anything. But without it, my skin becomes coarse and it produces so much more oil. I just love this stuff!

I've also been loving two primers together. Days when I really need my makeup to stay and last, and also on those days where my skin is producing way too much oil (ew but true), I combine the Hourglass mineral veil with the Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder. I lay one on top of the other, in any order. Sometimes I do the powder first, sometimes I do the liquid primer first. Either way, it helps my makeup last! Read about the MB powder here.

Another face product I've really come to enjoy is the Hera UV Mist Cushion in the shade no.23. I asked my mom to pick this up for me while she was in South Korea. I know you can get it here in the US, but I thought it might be cheaper. I've been using this along with the Innisfree one and I'm still undecided as to which one is better. Right now, I'm going to go with the Hera one. I can't pinpoint why, but I do love the glow it gives my face-- and just the look that I am awake, ready, and fresh while not making my face look like I have "makeup" on. It really gives a natural coverage and natural glow! I'll talk more about these cushion foundations, but it something I recommend you look into! They are amazing :) Read my Korean-beauty haul post here.

Something I've been wearing on my cheeks to add to the glow and freshness is the Nars Stick in "Riviera". It's perfect for that winter flush. It helps the makeup again, look "natural". Unlike a powder, this cream stick blends so nicely on the face and it lasts really long! I love the natural shimmer it gives, and the shade is so a pretty flush! You can use these sticks for cheeks, lips, and eyes. All around, a total must-have!

A product meant for the cheeks but what I use on my eyes is the Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer. This is honestly a beauty blogger induced item. I remember when I first saw Tanya Burr wear this in one of her videos. She always makes everything look perfect, doesn't she? But recently, she used this one her eyes to get that grundgy look without having to get a separate eyeshadow. It looks amazing. So I gave it a try, and I absolutely love it. For a natural look, I'll keep the shade just on my lids. If I want that full-on grundge, I'll apply some of the color on the bottom of lids. It smokes out the eye. Add mascara and you're ready to go!

An eyeliner I'll always repurchase is the Jouer liquid eyeliner. I've tried tons, but this one is the best. Do I recommend it for everyone? No not really because it might be hard to work with. But for some reason, I love the way it looks on my eyes. I can't even pinpoint what's so special about it! Yet, I keep looking in the mirror and loving how my eyeliner looks. That means something, right?

Another Jouer product is their lipgloss in the shade "wind". Beautiful, beautiful nude shade to lay on top of a nude lipstick. No stickiness. Hydrating. Beautiful shade. Read my Jouer Haul post here.

Another lip product is a Korean brand from "It's Skin" called "Babyface". Their lipsticks (and cheek products) are really cool. Cool as in, a consistency I can't quite describe. They bounce and seem like jelly?! They must have used some gel formula because they seem really bouncy. I love their lipstick in the shade no.5 because though it looks like a hot pink, it gives off a pretty pink on the lips. It is super moisturizing, and again, it makes your lips look like gel. I'm really bad at describing this, aren't I? Point is, it's cool! (and pretty).

Phew, finally. NAILS. This super sophisticated perfect Fall red... is from Essie. Shade name is: Fishnet stockings. I'm sure you've all heard of it. It looks like a lady's shade to me! A really sophisticated red shade.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff! I've seen so much about Hera and Iope's cushions but I think im going to start with a cheaper one first! And that shade of jouer gloss is just delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Innisfree is also great! I've actually loved the Innisfree before I fell in love with the Hera. Innisfree is also really glow-y with great coverage :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.