DISAPPOINTED PRODUCT⎪Marc Jacobs Palette in Lolita


I recently made this purchase. After being disappointed with all the Marc Jacobs beauty products I've tried, I thought it was about time to give the brand another try. This time I went for their "Lolita" palette. I heard a good deal about it, swatched it for myself at the store... and thought I made a good choice to get this. However, after swooning over its sleek packaging and trying the colors on my eyes for over a week, I came to the conclusion that it really wasn't worth the price.





Though the colors look beautiful and the pigmentation is great, the colors did not show up on my skin. It was beautiful to see swatched on my arms, but when they were actually on my eyes, the colors weren't noticeable and even when you could see I had color on my eyes, they weren't exactly flattering. They didn't make me look in the mirror several times a day and think, nice! Instead, I felt that I could save money and get a different palette that actually had color that would complement my skin better. And the really glittery middle shade has such big glitters in it that by the end of the day, I had glitter all over my face!

As much as I tried to love this palette, the color choice weren't that great and not truly worth the money.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, I'm so sorry to hear you feel this way! Have you worn this over a cream shadow? Maybe that could help? The colors are a pretty neutral range but the glittery shade sounds like a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it sucks but thankfully Sephora accepted the return. I think it'll look flattering on someone who has fair light skin (not me!) :)

      Delete
  2. What a shame. I don't think I'll be getting any of the MJ e/s palettes x

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.