Cosmic Raspberry by Bobbi Brown

After this post, you'll immediately see a post regarding FUCHSIA colored lipsticks. I'm going to be starting a whole blogpost series of COLOR-matching makeup products. Some of the colors I'll be talking about are: oranges/corals, reds, pinks, and fuchsia/plum. The first one up will be the fuchsia/plum category.



One in particular that I want to talk about is, as the heading tells all, is the newest to my fuchsia/plum collection. It is the Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color in "Cosmic Raspberry". I was on a hunt for this lipstick ever since I saw a certain actress wear it. She looked so darn good in this lip color, and so I began to search for what the exact lipstick she was wearing. Ends up, I wasn't the only one on the hunt to find her shade. With a few google clicks here and there, I found out that it was this very shade.







I can't say too much about this lipstick as in terms of its quality, NOT because it isn't good but because like so many high-end luxury lipsticks, they kind of blend into that one similar category of being all really highly pigmented, long-lasting, and hydrating. Like most of my top luxe lipsticks, the pigmentation is superb. It isn't as creamy as my YSL lipstick where a bunch of products comes with a single glide. It gives a good amount of control with how much product transfers onto the lips. In terms of hydration, it is great as well but I'd say not as moisturizing as my Shu Uemura or Burberry lip mists. It isn't of any one extreme, but I bought this for the color so it has just the perfect medium, you know?

Here is me loving it very much indeed!


First off, I love fuchsia. On the lips, I like them even better. Before I bought this shade, I thought it would be more purple than it actually was. It came out to be a bit of purple, fuchsia, and cherry red. It's pretty confusing. Under some light, it gives off that purple that I was really looking for. But in other lights, it looks more cherry than purple. Either way, I absolutely love the color, although to achieve the color that I saw on the actress, it would require perhaps a purple lipgloss on top?

Credits to my sister for modeling this lipstick :)

I have to be honest though. While in Sephora I checked lipsticks that had similar if not exact shades as this and found quite a few. There is definitely one in Laura Mercier that I thought was exactly the same shade. I found two similar ones from YSL and lastly, NARS "Funny Face" is also quite similar. If you are curious to see the comparison to other fuchsia/plum/cherry shades of lipsticks, check out the next blogpost where I show you a few swatches!



2 comments:

  1. Ah, fuschia lipsticks. I have a soft spot for cornea burning uber bright pigmented lipsticks, and cosmic raspberry is a beautiful one! I find that fuschia really helps cancel sickly yellow tones from my skin when I'm not feeling my best. I *LOVE* that picture of you wearing the color, you look so chic with that clean eyeliner! -J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a great pick-me-up color isn't it! And thank you for the wonderful compliments x :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.