The Sweetest Facial Masks. HONEY!

I just may have discovered my favorite facial mask. H O N E Y . Real organic honey. But not just the honey that you find at any supermarket but honey that does more than what honeys already do for you. I've got two on my list: Pro Baccari-x Amazon Honey and Manuka Honey




Honey itself is amazing for your skin. It hydrates, moisturizes, and calms the skin. But these two honey jars I've picked up also focuses on killing the bacteria on the surface of your skin. For sure, Manuka Honey is already quite famous as the world's best honey, coming from New Zealand. I first heard of it when I started using the Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask. Loved that mask, and then after I finished that whole tube, I discovered that way before I even heard of this mask, my mother was already collecting jars of manuka honey.



My mother has a nice storage of honey. She's known about the benefits of eating honey, but also for the skin. Though she's never used it on herself, she's always told me to try it out. Why I never listened, I don't know! But once I was done with my Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey mask I was compelled to give the real Manuka honey a go.

Another honey jar that's blown me away was the Pro Baccari-x Amazon Honey. Again, these are actual honey jars meant for eating but I found that they help the skin just so much that I've taken these two jars up to my room for my own personal dermatological use!

The Pro Baccari honey really focuses in on killing bacteria. Unlike the Manuka it is a bit coarser with beads of solid honey that is hard to break down. I take half a table-spoon of the honey. Try to melt it with my fingers and spread it very gently all over my face. I keep the honey mask on as long as I possibly could. I would go about an hour with the mask on, until I have to go wash it off because the honey is melting!

And of course, honey washes off so easily.

But goodness, the aftermath is really visible. Skin is so much softer (I mean, real soft). Skin has calmed down. The overall skin tone has brightened. Itchiness (if there is any) dies down. It's just... wonderful.

I have been trying to use this mask everyday, but with my busy schedule I find it use it maybe three times a week. Each time I use it, I love it more and more. The makeup application the next day is made so much more enjoyable when skin has been prepped with such organic luxury the night before!

Sometimes the best things are closer than we think... maybe even in our kitchen cabinets!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.