September Glossybox (USA)

If Glossybox, you guys ever get around to reading this, I'm thinking maybe you'd like a little to use me as your ambassador? :) Okay, all self-promotion aside, I truly like the Glossybox service. Every month, there's at least ONE thing to look forward, let alone a plethora of blessings that surround me. I'm happy that they finally  got around to getting the boxes on time. I've had a problem with that. Now, all is well.



This box was titled Fall Forward, marking the oh-so-sad-time-passing-by-all-too-quickly start of Autumn! I'm not all too sure how the theme actually related to the products but nonetheless, I was happy with what I had received.

As always, the box comes with hair products. This time it came with GKHair shampoo and conditioner. Again, I'm not always so thrilled about hair products besides the fact that I'd get something to pack next time I leave home (which is never).

Then there was the biggie. A Missha BB cream, that I had in fact used for quite some time many years back. I remember I used to wear this all the time and loved it to pieces! Then, I ran out of the two tubes I had and from then on, I went exploring for other products. Point is, I loved it and when I saw it I was like... NOSTALGIA! It's a Korean brand BB cream (they do it the best!) that has really good coverage and is fairly thick. It definitely doesn't feel "watery". I'm not too sure if the people who like to feel as if they have no makeup on, would feel about this. I felt it was thick, but then again, I didn't really wear it alone. All in all, it's good thing to try out. Don't be shocked about the color (try to get the right one) but even so, keep blending until you reach your skin color. It shall be okay :)


Then, the exciting product is the Koh Gen Do cleansing spa water. As you know, (you should know!) I am in love with Bioderma Crealine H20. I've opened my eyes to the water-based makeup removers and love them so much more than the oil removers that just sweep and drag makeup all over your face. Well, actually, oil makeup removers really do the job well but then your eyes get sore or itchy, and your face doesn't feel exactly fresh does it? But water-based cleansers leave your face feeling SO fresh and don't irritate your eyes. So, I'm pretty excited about this.

Lastly, its Glossybox's own lipstick in the color "Pink". (I know, it's not exactly the most creative). The color is quite pretty when swatched and all, but when I wore it on my lips, it didn't seem to be a flattering one. It was neither bright nor pink enough-- it seemed rather dusty and dull! However, it is very pigmented and creamy so that's a good thing.


All in all, I rated this box an 8.5/10. The last month's box was better, and I'm sure there's many good ones to come!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.