Discovery Product #9⎜Balm-Type Egg Primer by Tony Moly


I introduced this primer in my January Favorites (click here), but I wanted to give you a little more in-depth review of the Tony Moly Egg Pore Smooth Balm. I'm still loving it, if you're curious. It's up there with my favorite primers, including Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder, Benefit Professional, and Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. 
This balm-type primer smoothes over the skin and fills in pores and glides over bumps. It creates a soft canvas for makeup application. What I love is the ingredients contained in this product. It has egg ingredient which helps tighten the pores and reduce sebum production. It is more than a primer in that it helps the skin throughout the day. If you are seriously oily and your makeup does not last, this can definitely help you.

The packaging is cute. You open it up. There is nothing in the top layer of the shell, but it does take up a good amount of space doesn't it? You open it up and there is a blob of balm-y type primer contained within. It smells funky, but it's not like it lingers on the face. The texture is, as I said before, a balm type. It blends to a slight powdery finish. 


They recommend that you apply this only to areas where you need it. I find that I can apply it all over my face without a problem. I apply with two fingers and just smooth it all over. I don't blend it in where you can barely feel the product. I actually just smooth it over and leave a good film over the face. (This does not mean you should pack your face with this! I just mean don't rub it in too much. Just "smooth" it over).

You can see the reduction of oil when you apply this before your foundation. You can also see the diminishment of your pores. And your makeup is generally better that day. 

2 comments:

  1. I almost purchased this the last time I was in my local asian cosmetic store. I ended up switching it for a shiseido base, but I will definitely try this one next time.

    Beauty Challenged

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't tried the Shiseido base but I'm thinking the Tony Moly is much more affordable!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.