Setting Sprays



It’s impossible for my makeup to last all day. The last time I remember my makeup lasting all day in perfect condition was when I used to take Accutane. I remember I would sleep in my makeup and wake up with zero oil and perfectly maintained makeup! What a dream…


Anyway, now that I’ve woken up from the dream it was time I found a way to maintain my makeup. Fortunately, I don’t have many cases of staying out of house for say 12 hours plus. Still, it’d be nice to have my makeup on well for say 8 hours without having to do touchups.

Recently, I decided to try the setting sprays from Skindinavia and Urban Decay. From Skindinavia I bought the No More Shine Makeup Finish” Oily Skin Formula which says to claim up to 16 hours. From Urban Decay, I have the All Nighter which also claims to hold up to 16 hours.

For best results they suggest you spray before makeup and after makeup.

I personally love Skindinavia’s setting spray before makeup because it truly preps my skin to soak in my makeup fully and completely. I find with the setting spray, I don’t need to use concealers and in fact, less foundation amount. That’s how well the spray soaks the makeup. I also find that it tightens pores and closes them up (visually) so that when you take pictures, you have a fine film over skin with no visible pores.

Now the thing is, Urban Decay and Skindinavia actually worked together for the “All Nighter” spray so you can say that they are equally effective. Somehow, every time I use the original Skindinavia I see more effects of its endurance than with Urban Decay! I can’t say though that they last anything up to 16 hours. I find that I have to touch up around the 5 hour mark. I know, so soon… But what I really noticed was that I definitely have to touch up much less and even after a long day and I come home, I still look intact. Usually, I’m just a mess and even with touchups, I don’t look fresh! (What I mean by touchup though is that I have to use an oil paper to clean the oil off my face! Actual touchups where I take out my powder and redap, is more along the 8 hour mark!)

Also, because the setting spray provides a film and oil resistant layer over skin, you can feel it tightening your skin as well. So you don’t feel icky, especially in the summer with makeup you can feel like the sun is literally melting your skin. Because your skin feels prepped and tight, you find yourself worrying less about having to clean off the access oil or melting makeup.

Those with non-oily skin will have NO idea what I’m saying. But if you suffer from oilness throughout the day, you’ll know what I mean :)

So, if you’re looking for long-lasting and prepping setting sprays, I recommend these! I love how much I could save up on my foundation and concealers with these sprays. Now I don’t do my makeup without beginning with one of these setting sprays!

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.