NOTD pour les Whimsical Souls



I recently got my first manicure, ever. I had never found the reason to pay anything more than $1 for manicure because I always found I could do it by myself and have it look good enough. On top of that, I didn't have any cuticle problems. No nail troubles. That is, until I started actually wearing manicure almost everyday. I'm just sighing thinking about how ruined my nails have become ever since wearing them so often! I tell myself I should just take a break but, can't seem to resist!

Anyway, long story short. That led me to go get some help and clear it all out (temporarily of course). I decided to go for what is becoming my new favorite nude shade from Essie called Topless & Barefoot. It is the creamy beige pink that I adore so much! Along with the mani, I also got a pedi which wasn't my first time and which again has reminded me that I need to get a pedicure at least every few months!

right after the mani :)

But because I got a regular mani and since Essie nail polishes aren't going to last you a whole week, I thought, before it begins to fade and chip, let's protect it. I was on Instagram, cruising through, when I saw Catbird's picture of a really pretty mani I wanted to try on my own.


With the underlying nude-pink underneath, I took Deborah Lippmann's Boom Boom Pow and layered it on top! The effect? Such a whimsical effect! It reminds me of pixidust and something poised at the same time :)



Also, because Deborah Lippmann's nail polishes, especially the glitter ones, last so... long on the nails, I thought it'd help keep the manicure on for as long as I could!


What do you think? x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.