A Not-so-Good Review on Essie Sleek Sticks...

Over the Moon by Essie
After trying Incoco nail strips, I thought I'd give Essie's version a try. They are called sleek sticks and they seem to be quite the hype. So in my curiosity and want to find the perfect no-dry-time nail-somethin's I decided to give these a try. I bought them on Zappos for $10.95 each, which was pretty pricey but understandably so. The four that I chose were: Over the Moon, Steel the Show, Love to Love You, and Embrace the Lace.

Scroll all the way to the bottom for my actual thoughts on them:


Mauvey purple/pink beige with sparkles, the prettiest one I think so far!
Haven't tried this one yet but I think it'll look good on top of something! It's a metallic blue scaled and laced pattern.
The most artistic one by far! This was in fact the first one I wanted to try :)
Looks the prettiest in all its glory of lace... but... I have to say when you apply it, it looks like you've got 1st grader type nail sticker on your nails....
Under regular light in a semi-dark-ish room, the sparkles on the nail look... a bit over the top sparkly. I would recommend this if you love dramatic over the top nails... or maybe just on special nights out?


 So, here are my thoughts:
  • Disappointed! Unlike what they look like, they aren't as pretty on the nails as much I wanted them to be. The lace one especially looked so pretty but when I had them on my nails, they were so sticker-like. I almost looked like a first grader who puts sticker on nails to pretend like she had nail polish on! (I used to that!) 
  • I thought it would be like the Incoco nails where they actually were nail polishes, but really... these are just stickers. You can tear them off in just a few seconds. I guess that's the good part... but they really are stickers! 
  • I would've like them more if they didn't have only such over-the-top patterns, things I'd be uncomfortable wearing on an everyday thing. It'd be pretty though if you had it on only one or two nails.
  • They aren't as easy as you think. They apply similarly to the Incoco nail strips but because these are stickers, they seem to peel back faster. And these are thick! You can't tell by these pictures, but up close my nails were messy :( Applying regularly nail polish would have been much prettier...
  • Good price: each packet comes with a nail filer. You apply it and then file the excess away!
So, if you are a fan of these nail stickers then I'm sorry all I have to say are negative things. They aren't "bad" but just a "disappointment" and not up to my expectation. You may very well like it, but yeah... it wasn't the greatest for me. The "over the moon" was the prettiest. I tried the lace but gave up. After applying them and taking a bunch of pictures, I think took them all off. It just didn't live up to the hype for me! :(

I'm really interested though in the Incoco nail strips. I might try those out. I was pretty impressed with them!

What do you guys think? Have you tried them? 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.