NOTD: Attempting a French Manicure

I've always had a thing for french manicures. They look ever so chic and reposed. Nowadays, there are all sort of variations to the classic French Manicure. Some people get black tips or red tips with patterns and different colors other than the pink nudes. However, what makes something classic is that it never goes out of trend! So, finally I got myself to try it.


For starters, I got ready one really sheer pink/nude nail polish, a base coat, a french tip marker, and a shiny top coat. For the nail polish, I decided to go for Essie's limo-scene. For the main part, the tips, I got Sally Hansen's "French Manicure White Tip Pen". I know for sure that I am not skilled enough to simply use a white nail polish to paint my tips! Then for base coat, I used the usual Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Coat. Then for a top coat, I decided to try Sally Hansen "Mega Shine" top coat. It's supposed to get your nail polish really shiny and have them last that way for up to 10 days!


First, I applied the base coat. I let it dry for a minute.


Then I applied the French Manicure White tip pen along the tip. I didn't make it too thin or too thick. It is a bit tricky and because I had never tried it, my line isn't all that straight unfortunately. But hey, not too bad I think!


Then after you let your tips dry for a minute, then you apply one or two shades of the nail polish. I think it's prettier with one coat but I found that the tips looked TOO white. When I applied two coats, I felt the nail polish wasn't sheer enough. Now I know to buy a nail polish from the actual SHEER range from Essie to get the perfect shade. I also want a shade a bit more "neutral". It was a bit too white for my like, but still, not bad!


Then I finalized with the Mega Shine top coat. It definitely is shiner than the usual top coat I use from their brand called "Insta-Dry". However, I'll have to see if it really does last up to 10 days! It also dries in 60 seconds and that's alright with me.


A part of me just wants to go to the nail salon and get my nails done professionally! But, even to this age, I've never made the step to spend that much money on my nails when you can technically do it at home. It of course doesn't look the same but still, I'm not sure I'm ready to use $15-30 for one time manicure!

What are some nail polishes you use to achieve the perfect french manicures?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.